This week’s interview is the Season 1 finale with Miroslav Valeš (Technical University of Liberec). In this interview, Miroslav discusses his long and varied fieldwork career, and his experiences working with the Lakhota (USA), Shuar (Ecuador) and A Fala (Spain) communities.
There is some sensitive material discussed in this interview, including traditional practices that some people may find disturbing.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Andalusian Spanish on Wikipedia
- Fala language on Wikipedia
- Lakhota language on Wikipedia
- Shuar language on Wikipedia
- Huambisa language on Wikipedia
- Achuar language on Wikipedia
- Legend of the Pishtacu (Pishtaco)
- Community-Driven Documentation and Description of A Fala
- Miroslav’s publications on academia.edu
- Miroslav’s profile on ResearchGate
Season 2 will be announced on the Field Notes website and on social media (Instagram and Twitter): @lingfieldnotes
Get in touch:
Twitter & Instagram: @lingfieldnotes